Eligibility for Supportive Housing
- You have physical limitations that make your personal care or homemaking difficult or
- You have no family members available to assist you.
- You have had surgery or are temporarily unwell.
- An emergency or unusual situation arises that requires immediate help.
Services Available Through Supportive Housing at Orchard View
- Assistance with washing/bathing/showering
- Medication monitoring
- Planning/preparing meals
- Essential cleaning
- Arranging rides to medical appointments
- Assisting with laundry/changing linen
- Banking/paying of bills
- Shopping trips to Vineland/St. Catharines
- Providing reassurance with morning safety checks
- Pastoral Care
- Tuck shop/beauty salon/barber/foot care onsite
How to Access Services
To inquire about the Supportive Housing Program at Orchard View call (905) 562-1458.
Please Note: Nursing services are not available on site.
Philosophy and Goals of Supportive Housing
- To recognize and support the family as a significant contributing member of the care giving
- To promote and support tenant rights, autonomy, and decision-making.
- To promote wellness and sense of self worth.
- To encourage independence and self-direction.
- To recognize & respect wherever possible, the culture, ethnicity, family traditions, and spiritual
beliefs of each tenant.
- To assist tenants who require care in their apartments with various activities of daily living.
- To help tenants in making decisions regarding their personal health.