COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS All non-essential visitation to UMH has been suspended
We're looking for people to join our outstanding team, who share a commitment in providing care with compassion!
DIRECTOR OF CARE
Suitable for a person that is a systems oriented, a self-starter, yet very hands-on the Director of Care reports to the Executive Director and is accountable for the overall management and operation of the Nursing Department and resident care services in the Home. A critical thinker who is focused on providing high quality care, the Director of Care will work with other department heads to achieve the goals and objectives of the Nursing Department. Moreover, the Director of Care is responsible for coordinating services with external service providers and scheduling of resident care activities in compliance with applicable legislation and the maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to achieving the optimal health and welfare of the residents.
· Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario; Bachelor's degree in Nursing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
·Minimum 5 years Nursing Leadership/Management experience, including experience in Geriatrics, and/or Long Term Care Nursing
· Current CPR Certificate (i.e., completed within one year period)
· Strong leadership and administrative skills, combined with effective communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
· Computer literacy required
· Provide direction and leadership to ensure appropriate organization of the nursing department in the delivery of quality resident care that meets individual resident needs and their expectations, involving them whenever possible
· Accountable for the highest standard of resident care and quality of life being provided for the residents through the development and maintenance of appropriate care plans, effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff, provision of the required equipment and supplies and appropriate staffing pattern, nursing services, and policies and procedures.
· Ensure that the Nursing Department is operated efficiently and in compliance with the Long Term Care Act and Regulations and other pertinent legislated standards and requirements.
· Assists in the process of budget preparation of the Nursing Department and administers the approved budget effectively
· Responsible in the development and implementation of Nursing Department goals and objectives, policies and procedures, along with Strategic Planning and Quality Improvement Plan Development
· Administers Human Resource and Labour Relations Policies and Procedures within the Nursing Department
· Commensurate with education and experience, competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to Walter Sguazzin, Executive Director. email@example.com, Deadline: Friday March 20, 2020 (5:00 p.m.)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Personal information provided will be used to determine eligibility for employment. United Mennonite Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PART-TIME PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
We are seeking certified, compassionate, dedicated people to join our team. Please send your resume to Jenn Trudel: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART-TIME/CASUAL DIETARY AIDES
Students applying require their Food Handlers Certification. Applicants applying require a Health Care Food Service Worker Certificate or be enrolled in this program, and their Food Handlers Certificate. Apply to Nutrition Manager email@example.com
Occasionally positions become available in any one of our Departments:
- Supportive Housing