COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS All non-essential visitation to UMH has been suspended
United Mennonite Home is a Christian not-for-profit, charitable organization. The mission of the Home is to provide professional care with compassion following the fundamental principle that a long-term care home is primarily the home of its residents and is to be operated so that it is a place where they may live with dignity and respect, in security and comfort and have their physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs adequately met. This fulfills the Home’s mandate “to do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
Motivated by Christian principles, the Home cares for its residents in a manner as you would have others do unto you. As an added measure, we care for our residents with compassion. These principles suggest the highest commitment of uncompromised, personal care. They far exceed any ministry guidelines or industry standards.
The vision of the Home is to appeal to seniors province wide, regardless of their background or status in life.
- To ensure availability of the most appropriate services while maintaining the highest possible
quality of life.
- To recognize and support families as part of the care giving process.
- To recognize and respect the rights of the residents.
- To provide life enrichment programs and a sense of self worth.
- To provide an environment where spiritual needs are cared for.